Saturday, January 28, 2017

Are we as individulals more intelligent than a hunter/gatherer?

I read people like Yuval Harari who express the viewpoint that we are probably no smarter than hunter/gatherers. As a matter fact, the person having to hunt for a living has to be really smart and physically able or he/she will shortly be dead.

Our human technology has advanced greatly making us even more dependent on machines of one kind or another. Some feel that machines may take the place of humans and then rule the world for the good of machines. 

My present viewpoint is that we as humans have the opportunity to get our act together. Learning history is my way of knowing what my tribe is up to. That is my task as long as I live. 

Simply writing this piece and putting it on line is one way to fulfill a life of dignity and grace. Telling stories helps strangers to cooperate.  We invent fictions to provide ways to deal with things we cannot escape.  Now that is one challenging concept.  This has been written as flow of consciousness.  

DK

 

 

No comments: