Saturday, July 9, 2016

Anxiety in the Presence of Technology

When a new technological advance happens there is usually a time of gradual adjustment. This week I do not have time to adjust. 

I choose to write here some first impressions that may prove to be an overreaction. My body tells me that this is not a time for hesitation.

What is this surprise to my system?  This week over in Falcon Heights, Mn near to where Joan was born and spent her youth, a simple police stop turned into a police shooting of an apparently innocent man. His girl friend in  the car had the presence of mind to turn on Facebook Live and put the entire event on-line and broadcast the event live to a global audience.

The change from rational reporting of events to the actual event made public in real time is already being noted by reporters and communications media people. 

I consider the impact upon religious communication and stand in awe of what may come.

No comments: