Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Ice comes soon to Dutch Charlies Creek

The Moon tonight presides over a change from warm to cold leading to ice in many places. Ponds and creeks will find that quiet places will form a cold slick that may be right for ice.

I recall evenings like this during times of winter camping in the North Country.  Ice would form so no splashing the face before taking refuge in tent and sleeping bag.

Evidently frost did not take me down. I discovered the powers of my body to adjust to very cold temperatures.









1 comment:

Chung Family said...

Hello Delton,

I am enjoying your blog.

I was wondering if I am remembering right...did you winter camp with Jim Klobuchar? What was that experience like? What sort of person was he?
I am interested in your friendship.

Thank you,
Rachel (Chung)